Emerging Solutions “The Knowledge Portal”
Create Knowledge Portal Infrastructure: The first step in creating on-line agency-unique knowledge repositories is to establish the server files, website, unique domain name, and configuration files. The Knowledge Portal (KP) functionality includes the following capabilities for high-quality rapid development and implementation to meet tight deadlines with proven solutions.
• KP Branch has a 24-hour turnaround (from task order initiation) to establish the site presence to enable client agencies to rapidly create the back-end infrastructure so that work can immediately begin populating the on-line knowledge repository.
• This infrastructure includes development, administrative, reporting and review sites as well as the live production sites that enable an authorized user to manage their own content on-line.
Customize Site Design:
• The KP Branch produces interfaces with high-quality graphics based on client agency requirements, customized buttons user options, and unique look & feel to meet individual needs.
• From the outset of the project, the KP Branch works with the client agency to define and implement a design tailored to the content, materials and requirements
Develop Knowledge Repository: A key to powerful and flexible on-line solutions is the object oriented database employing knowledge objects to support users in a variety of ways.
• From on-line training to frequently asked questions, best practices, communities of practice, websites, job-aids, access from PDA's, Mobile devices, on-line coaches, refresher training, and quick reference, once the knowledge is in a database, it can easily be provided to the user in a variety of formats when and where it is needed.
• We can rapidly populate the repository with instructional content, graphics, animations, avatars, audio, video, and interactive exercises.
• Key instructional objectives, proficiency evaluations, content and other knowledge objects are loaded into the database for use in all aspects of on-the-job performance improvement.Provide Training:
• To support agencies real-time content management and delivery requirements, KP offers a set of powerful intuitive web publishing tools.
• To ensure agency personnel are fully proficient in the use of these tools, we can provide a half-day hands-on training program. The tools are so easy to use most users are fully proficient after just four hours of instruction.
• Once trained, users are able to access the back-end infrastructure of their agency courses, using a secure password and data encryption.
• From this site, a user can easily edit, delete, update, and add to their instruction, reviewing the latest version and pushing approved content out to their public sites from any internet connected device. Questions or interest please contact Willie Harrison or Will Peratino via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or William.Peratino@opm.gov .
• Not only can we develop and host client agencies on-line applications, but this can also be combined with the registration and reporting system.
• With secure access, authorized personnel can obtain real-time reports on completion by users, groups, and agencies.
• The real-time dashboard depicted provides the latest information on user status and completions showing current status, completions and percentages.
On-Line Testing: The Knowledge Portal Branch can develop and deliver on-line tests and surveys.
• Using the KP test infrastructure, test questions can be rapidly developed and delivered in a comprehensive test environment that supports bookmarking, certificate generation, and detailed item analysis.
Gaming and Simulation:
• Using an interactive gaming model Emerging Solutions can very quickly and inexpensively develop proficiency practice and reinforcement games.
• Because the games are driven by simple text files, the gaming interactions, topics, and test questions can easily be modified by client agency themselves by simply editing text files.
• To support multiple gaming modalities, both teams play where two teams compete, and the individual plays against the built-in expert, Joe I. Know, are supported.
• The Knowledge Portal has servers that have a current Certification & Accreditation (Server Certificate and Authority to operate) that are connected to high-speed Internet backbone with redundant Internet Service Providers, back-up power, RAID drives, quadcore Xeon processors and automatic data back-up.
• With a range of server options, client agencies only pay for the capabilities, bandwidth and server horsepower they need when they need it.
• During development, only a minimal bandwidth and server CPU power are required for the programming and review. When the sites go live, we can provide enterprise-level solutions with load balancing across multiple servers.
To provide practice to reinforce content, Emerging Solutions offers as an alternative to multiple-choice and matching questions - on-line gaming. The system is available for agencies to directly manage their own courses and content themselves.